Friday 10 December 2010

December Wedding.


A few nights ago I found myself navigating the icy roads out to Grittleton in Wiltshire. I was booked to perform after the wedding breakfast as guests mingled before the evening reception kicked off. The wedding was in the stunning Grittleton House which is an extremely large manor house which operates as a private school during the week and as an exclusive event space in the evenings.

For this wedding I was a surprise for the Groom as the Bride had organised me as her wedding present to her new husband who loves magic. So he was obviously over the moon when I walked up to him and introduced myself.

I love performing the strolling mix and mingle style of magic because you can go from group to group and spend 5-10minutes with each group and then move on. Its quite interesting because you may have some people standing some seating. At one point I was surrounded my a group on all sides which means you've got to keep on your toes with keeping everyone involved in the effect your performing.

I also tried out a new coin effect that I ve been thinking about for awhile but was yet to perform live for a real audience. I'm glad to say that it went down well so I think I'll be using that again soon.

Thats all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment