Thursday 2 June 2011

Weddings and Cabarets.


May proved to be a busy month. Not only have the weddings been plentiful but also I have performed my stand up act at a cabaret in London. Its always nice to be able to work on material that is slightly out of your everyday repertoire. Last Friday I performed at The Shaftesbury Tavern Cabaret in north London and it was a highly entertaining evening. I worked alongside jugglers, acrobats, improvisers, Burlesque and even a ukulele playing compere.

I performed in both halves my first acts consisting mainly of card effects and my second act being more of a street style gambling act with cups and balls. The response from both was fantastic and it is definitely an avenue that I will be exploring more often from now on.

One wedding I was booked to perform at was for a couple who I had met at a wedding fayre and they had booked me for entertainment during the photographs and drinks reception

before the meal. Luckily for me a they also hired a fantastic Photographer who managed to get some great snaps of me working... http://www.astonhuephotography.co.uk/

I will be editing a small video of photos and video taken at Kay and Dans wedding and posting it on the site soon. So stay posted.

This month also saw me complete my second marathon. Me and a close friend travelled up to to Edinburgh and took part in the marathon it was a tiring but fantastic day and I managed to raise a good amount of money for macmillan cancer care.

All for now.

Darren.

No comments:

Post a Comment