Thursday 5 July 2012

Three weddings and a Cabaret.


Well last weekend I found myself heading all over the south west to perform at a number of weddings and as mentioned one Cabaret.  The first wedding was in a venue that I was told was hard to find......and they right.  The Larmer Tree Gardens are found near Salisbury and are just stunning.  The main Garden space has a number of small buildings and a very unique open style stage where bands / music can play.  The gardens are patrolled by a gang of peacocks and as I found out they are not found of card tricks.....


I was booked to perform during the drinks reception whilst the formal photo's were being taken.  Alongside my entertainment there was a fantastic skiffle band and plenty of tea and cakes being served. Now a little rain was unavoidable so we all sheltered under the marquee/small buildings but the party went out and the mood was not dampened.  I even saw the Groom and best man playing badminton on the lawn during a light shower.

I had met Albert and Joan at a wedding in Bristol and Albert had booked me as a surprise for Joan which was lovely and Joans reaction was indeed one of surprise when I arrived
Its worth mentioning that Albert is a photographer and he really has some stunning work so please check out http://albertpalmerphotography.com/ for more details of his work.


The majority of my work is close up magic but I had the pleasure of presented my cabaret act at a new evening held at The Lansdown in Cheltenham.  The format of the evening was simple 3 main acts doing around 30 minutes each with a comedian compere introducing and performing between the acts.  I love working on stage because as a performer you get to prepare and work on different style effects to your usual repertoire.


I tend to do a little more mind reading when I am performing in this situation because it plays well to a larger audeince.  I managed to take a couple of photo's during the show one of which is on the right here.  My act went down really well and the other acts were fantastic in fact here are some links.....

http://www.kieranpowell.co.uk/

http://www.jttevents.co.uk/

So if you live in Cheltenham I believe this is going to be a regular night and it is definitely worth checking out.


I grew up in Cheltenham and in all that time I never visited Gloucester Cathedral and that all changed on Saturday when I had the chance to perform at a wedding there.  It is breath taking being inside such a wonderful building.  I managed to take a couple of photos before I started.

One in the sunshine one in the cloud but both showing the beauty of this building.  Another interesting point about this wedding recption was that I had never met the Bride and Groom. I had been booked by the father of the bride as a surprise for the guests and the happy couple.  It was a lovely wedding and I entertained in the courtyard beofre they went in for their wedding breakfast.


Now on Sunday I performed at Ellenborough Park in Cheltenham for the first time and it is an incredible venue.  So well deisgned and beautiful both inside and out here are a couple of photo's.

I was booked by a fantastic wedding planner called Jane and her website can be found here http://www.plannedforperfection.co.uk/

At this wedding I was booked during the drinks reception and then to perform between the courses of the meal up to the main course.

The weather made a turn around and we even got sunshine whilst I was performing outside for the drinks reception.  The crowd were very receptive and I throughly enjoyed entertaining them all.


The day was overseen by Howard Jones who is a toastmaster of the highest calibre http://www.british-toastmaster.co.uk/

I managed to get a photo of the cake which I'm sure you'll agree looks delicious and sophisticated.

I enjoyed working alongside Jez Dickson who was the photographer at the wedding and I have a feeling he caught the essence of what I do when I was performing for Cissy and Mike so i look forward to seeing those photos.

http://www.jezdicksonphotography.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment